Thursday, October 7, 2010

Future Miss. Toscano



                  When I was younger I remember what every adult used to ask me. "What do you want to be when you grow up." Rapidly my answer would be, "A Vet!" I would just say that because what little kid doesn't love animals and helping them? I never really put much thought into it since I was only a little child and wasn't concerned with my future. However, as I grew up I was forced to think about my future. Its weird in a way. I remember being a little kid and not having a care in the world! Now I was being forced to grow up? How crazy! All throughout high school I would contemplate what I wanted to do for my profession. I would continue to think about it and I came to the conclusion of something that had to do with little kids. I love little kids and I absolutely love helping people. So I put two and two together and figured I may want to be a kindergarten teacher. Although I wasn't fully convinced I still had the idea in the back of my mind. However, it wasn't until my senior year that I came to a decision. During my senior year I took a class that was called, "Family Life Skills." In that class we learned about little kids and about 3 times a week we would hold a pre-school for them. Each student was assigned a pre-schooler and it was honestly such a learning experience. I loved helping all the little kids learn new things and inspire them. Watching them grow was so amazing and I loved every minute of it. I am so grateful I took that class because it made me realize what I wanted to do for the rest of my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment