Friday, November 5, 2010

Exercise Does the Body & Mind Good!

                This week I felt very stressed out. I had many projects due and I was just feeling overwhelmed. Instead of getting even more stressed I decided to do something about it. Everyone has their own way of relieving stress. Mine is exercising. I have always felt like excising relieves my stress in many ways. Excising lets me escape into my own little world. I am focused on what I am doing and I just let my mind go. I do not think about upcoming projects, tests, reading, etc. I just exercise and it feels great. Also studies have shown that excising increases health and well being. However, it is also sometimes difficult to exercise everyday because of my daily schedule, but I try to make time for it whenever I can because it makes me feel better. I believe it is the most powerful medicine on earth and so relaxing. Studies have also shown that exercise releases endorphins that make the body feel good. Exercising can change your whole outlook on life because you feel less stressed and more relaxed. For example, midterm week was a killer for me and I was stressed out to the max. I just felt on edge and I wanted to cry at some points. However, by exercising I become calm and it kept me on track. I didn't want to cry as much and I realized that that was just what I needed! I will definitely remember that for future reference. I recommend excising to anyone who is ever feels overwhelmed with their daily lives for these very reasons.




No comments:

Post a Comment