Friday, November 5, 2010

Do you Deserve it or Not?!

                     Do I deserve the grades I receive? I believe I do. I work very hard and I always study whenever I know I have an upcoming test or quiz. Working hard is the key to success and I always try to do my best. Midterms just passed and I felt as if they were never going to end! It was terrible. I have never really been faced with those because in high school they didn't have midterms anymore. So studying for my first college midterms was a bit intense. I got good grades on pretty much all of them and my overall midterm grades where good. I was so proud of myself and just felt accomplished. I deserve the grades I received because I worked hard for them. However, that does not apply to everyone. I feel like some people do not deserve the grade they get. I get so angry when I see people fighting with their teachers about their grades when they did it to themselves. They didn't work hard and they didn't pay attention in class. So why fight with the teacher about it if it was your own fault? Another example I feel is unfair is when the teacher just feels the need to "add" 10 points because everyone in the class did poorly. I believe that is not fixing the problem it is just making the teacher not look as bad. Grade inflation seems to occur often and I feel like it shouldn't. I will continue to work hard for my grades throughout the year and I will be proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment