Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Time To Shine

Leadership has been described as the "process of social influence in which one person can enlist the aid and support of others in the accomplishment of a common task."[1] Definitions more inclusive of followers have also emerged.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leadership)


What does leadership really mean? To me I believe leadership occurs when one person takes the initiative on taking on a project and guides others in the right direction to complete it. I have always admired people who are leaders and don't shy away from the limelight. I believe it is very important to be a leader and not a follower for many reasons. In high school we were assigned many group projects. Usually group projects are my favorite and I rather just work by myself. However, in this specific project there was one specific student who was the group leader. Fortunately it was me. I was so happy when I found out I was assigned the group leader because it meant I had more control over the project. Now I am not saying I don't like other people helping out, but I would just much rather me do the project myself. For the project we had to choose a topic, ours being on the assassination of JFK. We had to teach the class the lesson and make up tests for them as well. Me being the leader I assigned which person would do what and I loved it! I asked each group member when they were free and when we could all meet up to work on the project together. Being in control gave me a sense of freedom. I loved every minute of it and being a leader is a quality everyone should enjoy!
















No comments:

Post a Comment