Thursday, September 30, 2010

First Ever Televised SCSU Football Game!

             SCSU on national television? When I found out that my school was going to be on TV for football I was very surprised. Usually only D1 sports are televised and for a D2 school to be on TV was very exciting. Some of my friends are on the football team and I was so happy for them because they we're extremely pumped to be on CBS. I love sports and came from a high school that was very school spirited. School spirit is very important to me and I love the fact that so many people showed up at the game on Friday.
           Before the game they had a very nice tailgate. Me and my friends had free hot dogs, fries, soda, Italian ices, fried dough and much more. It was all very delicious and hey, what college kid will turn down free food? Also, during the tailgate people were walking around with face paint and colored hairspray. Although I didn't spray paint my hair I did have someone draw on my face.
           During the game everyone was going nuts! I was having such a good time and I learned many new chants. I also made many new friends. The thing I love the most about sporting events is that you meet new people and it is so fun! We ended up winning the game and everyone was so pleased. The football players especially we're pumped up about their victorious win. This Friday is the next home game and I cant wait! I will definitely be there and I hope they win again!

No comments:

Post a Comment