Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Way You Decide To Learn Is Up To You.

          To be honest,when we were assigned these reading I truly had no idea what to expect at all. I thought that they were going to be the worst things ever to read and I wasn't going to fully understand them. However, while reading these passages I realized I was wrong. My accusations had been false and I found them to be quite interesting. All of the passages had some kind of meaningful background to it and they were all very fun to read.
          The passage "How to Become a Deep Thinker at College" was the one that I enjoyed reading the most. In the passage it gives a lot of useful information that many college and high school students should know about. It tells us to learn about something that is interesting to you. Learning something that you find interesting changes things drastically. By being interested in what you are learning, you seem to engage in more class discussions and want to find out more about the topic. It also tells us to manage our time wisely. Make sure you are not over loading yourself with too much work or else you will feel like you are drowning. 
          However, there is a difference between being an educated person and a deep thinker. An educated person is someone who knows what they are talking about but doesn't necessarily think outside the box. On the other hand, a deep thinker is someone who actually takes their time in the readings that they are assigned and often thinks outside the box. Although these two types of people are very different in many ways, they are also similar. The relationship between an educated person and a deep thinker is that they both know information on the topic they are learning about. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you describe your interpretation of the difference between an educated person and a deep thinker. (I also like that you've commented on a few other blogs.)

    ReplyDelete