Thursday, September 16, 2010

Keep Old Friends & Create New Ones

                   Coming into college, I knew it would be very different. I have the best friends back at home and I knew it would be very hard to compare anyone else too them. However, to my surprise I met some of the greatest friends already. It is very weird because we all click so well! I definitely did not expect this to happen and I am so happy and fortunate it did. I know a lot of people who have traumatic college experiences and coming to Southern definitely sparked up some concerns of my own. Luckily, I met very nice people who I feel comfortable around. Feeling comfortable around people is very important to me. If I do not feel comfortable around people I can not be myself. The friends I made here remind me of my friends back home and that to me is just awesome. Coming to college I knew I would be making a lot of friends but I didn't expect to be so close with them already. It has only been 3 weeks and we are already talking about Christmas break and how much we are going to miss one another.
                   However, I miss my friends from home so much. Whenever I speak to my friends I share with them the memories I am creating with my new friends and they are all so happy for me. Some people would get jealous of their friends making new friends but not my friends. My friends from home are so understanding and they are just happy I am having a blast here. Me and my friends from home share some great memories and no one can ever replace them. I am so excited to start more memories with my new friends and I look forward to the future.

2 comments:

  1. Dana we are experiencing the same thing, I am still in shock that I feel so comfortable with everyone around and it feels like I've known them for so long but yet I still get that feeling that I need my friends from back home. It's great to know that I'm not the only one feeling like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. im extra late. i know but, i really liked this post for the simple fact that it relates so much to the typical college freshman and me in general.. The thought of having to leave those high school friends that you've grown super close to and having to start over again was scary at first. but meeting people that i've gotten close to happened really fast for me too.

    NICE POST!

    -Captain Dj

    ReplyDelete